These utilities allow you to add new students to the database, modify account information of existing students, or deactivate/reactivate students.
At A Glance
Adding A New Student
- Students Tab --> Add/Edit Students button on the left.
- Click the green plus labeled "Add a new student."
- Fill in the student's information (required fields are in bold). Must have 4-15 characters and be unique with no spaces or apostrophes.
- Click the Add Students button. If the information provided is complete and sufficiently unique the system will acknowledge that a student has been created.
Step By Step
Adding a New Student
Click the Add/Edit Students sub-option from the Admin Menu under the Students tab.
Info title Note
If you are unsure if the student is already in the system, enter the student’s last name in the Last Name field. If the student exists, go to the Editing Student Information section to edit and/or display their account information (page 15). If you need to add the student, continue to the following steps.
- Click on Add a new student, found just above the filters section. The following page will appear:
Fill in the following student information (required fields are listed in bold):
Info title Note
Commas and trailing spaces should be avoided when entering information into the text fields.
- User ID
Must be 4-15 characters in length; no spaces or apostrophes are allowed by the system.
Must not already be in use – if someone is already using that ID, the system will ask you to choose a new ID. If the ID is found to be already in use, it may be that that student already exists in the database, but their status is “inactive” in which case they will notshow up on many of the reports. To look up the status of a student see Editing Student Information. When you have confirmed that the student is not already in the database, continue to step 3b.
- Last Name then First Name (Middle Initial is optional): Make sure there are no extra spaces before or after the names.
- Password: Must be 4-15 characters in length, no spaces or apostrophes are allowed by the system.
- Organization: Choose an organization from the drop down menu.
- Location: Choose from the list of existing locations from the drop down menu or enter a new location if the desired location is not in the list.
- Email: Optional field. However, we strongly recommend you enter email addresses for your students to aid in customer support when needed.
- Phone, Address information: Enter if desired.
- Additional optional fields can be filled in by clicking on Show Optional Fields found below the City/State/Zip fields section.
- User ID
- Click the Add Student button. If the student was successfully added to the system a message will appear and the student will be assigned a unique student number that cannot be changed. If you need to change a student’s information later (for example, their last name), the student’s enrollment and completion data will remain attached to the unique student number.